The Duties of Quzhou Municipal Foreign Affairs & Overseas Chinese Affairs Office
1. Carrying out the state policies, laws and
instructions from above administrative level concerning with foreign affairs and
overseas Chinese affairs. Studying and putting forward detailed measures and
ways of carrying out policies of foreign affairs and overseas Chinese affairs.
Supervising the implement of policies by departments, counties or districts
within the City. Dealing with political foreign affairs in the City.
2. Coordinating activities of different governmental
departments about foreign affairs. Dealing with important foreign affairs or
overseas Chinese affairs with the cooperation of other departments. Supporting
the central or provincial governments to deal with foreign affairs which need
3. Examining and approving application of going abroad
on business and services, or the application of inviting foreigners to visit
China by local organizations. Being responsible for issuing invitations to
invited foreigners. Administrating service passports or passports for public
affairs of local people.
4. Doing supporting work about economy through
coordination with other departments. Offering services in importing technology,
introducing talents or promoting investments from abroad.
5. Applying to above administrative departments for the
establishment of friendship relationship with foreign cities. Managing the
activities about exchanges with foreign cities. Being responsible for the
routine contacts with foreign cities.
6. Keeping informed on situation of local foreign
affairs and problems. Studying the measures or proposals of solving
7. Being in charge of local overseas Chinese affairs.
Making long-term and annual developing working plans of overseas Chinese
affairs. Examining and managing affairs such as the settling down or employment
of people from abroad, Hong Kong and Macao. Protecting legal rights of overseas
8. Receiving foreign guests, officials from foreign
embassies or consulates, and foreign journalists.
9. Helping managing tourist affairs concerning with
10. Supervising concerned departments to carry out
education on foreign policies and regulations to people planning to go abroad
for public affairs, or doing work about foreign affairs.
11. Arranging education about international situation,
foreign policies & disciplines to local working staff of foreign and
overseas Chinese affairs. Arranging short-term trainings for the
12. Being in charge of the daily work of the Chinese
People’s Association for Friendship with foreign Countries(CPAFFC) Quzhou
13. Guiding work in counties(districts) within Quzhou
concerning foreing affairs.
14. Being responsible for the donation affairs from
15. Finishing other tasks given by the municipal CPC
committee and the government.